Category Archives: downtown fresno
We missed a week. Dorktown missed a week. Alright, well, we technically miss every other week since we are a bi-weekly podcast but we even missed the bi…part. Point is there isn’t a new Dorktown episode when there should be and we suck.
It is always recommended that you “bank” a episode so if you can’t record one week, you’ve got something sorta new to post. We had nothing banked. So here we are.
Next Monday, we promise a new episode. Although we will be spending part of the day (the day we record said episode) out at Tioga Sequoia for the FresYes Fest (way better than the CLOVIS Fest) and there will be many beers had. So that should make for one hell of a drunk episode or we will pass out and never make it back to the studio.
Podcast fingers crossed.
Fresno’s culture podcast returns with talk stuff like:
- Josh tells us about new and old Downtown venues.
- There’s some Fresno Grizzlies trouble.
- What do we do about the Fresno Hotel?
- Band Of The Episode: Murder Park
- The First Dude should chill out his Facebook rants.
- Plug it up!
Listen by clicking here: FlowingWithFamous11.mp3
*Flowing With Famous is also on iTunes and Stitcher for those that like listening options. Just search ’em up and subscribe. By the way, a nice iTunes review would be hella appreciated. We’re also on Twitter now!
Dorktown #71 was recorded at Kern and L in the Newsroom Cafe. Like most Dorktowns, this episode comes with a classic Not Safe For Work or Babies warning. Seriously. And sorry for the audio levels here, they are simply all over the place… you know, like always. Some things to expect:
- A slow start with funky audio.
- What posses a person to open up a Downtown Fresno business right now?
- What the hell are the Rainbow Girls?
- Is Ashley hot?
- Drinking at Disneyland.
- The Blue Bayou and secret clubs for “furries” and Donald Duck.
- Everybody’s first concerts.
- Big Hat Days at Clovis.
- Comcast has dating “On Demand”?
- Things get out of hand.
- Fonzy Eyyss.
Special thanks to the Newsroom Cafe for letting Dorktown bastardize their cool little hangout. Everyone should check this place out (because it’s awesome) and support Downtown Fresno businesses.
If you’re okay with bad language, have a listen by downloading this: Dorktown71newsroomcafe.mp3 [43:15]
Or use our player: